Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No time for Siesta, Lets go Fiesta

The Poltergiest
This image was originally posted to Flickr by hagerman at http://flickr.com/photos/11427010@N00/12590026. It was reviewed on 19:39, 7 April 2007 (UTC) by the FlickreviewR robot and confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-2.0.


I’ve decided to keep with the theme of big name theme parks this week by giving you my opinion on Six Flags Fiesta Texas, one of two very big attractions right in the heart of San Antonio. I must confess that being from north Texas i am a little bit partial to Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, but Fiesta Texas has some pretty exciting rides nonetheless. Two in particular caught my attention, first The Poltergiest (pictured above) which boasts the most complicated layout of any ride at the park and rockets passengers out at 60 mph almost immediately and does not take a break throughout its 1:15 ride time. I have to say that this blue and yellow beast caught my eye as far as looks are concerned, but as far as substance I was very psyched to see the Superman: Krypton Coaster profiled. It is the largest steel roller coaster in Texas, a state known for big, and to top that off the entire ride experience is floorless to simulate the Man of Steel personally flying the thrill seeking passengers over the Texas landscape. With over a dozen large scale thrill rides Six Flags Fiesta Texas is definitely worth the price of admission, and I will personally be headed back as soon as I can manage to find a free weekend. Next time I will be sure to take you all off the beaten track of well known thrill parks and introduce you to something just a little bit muddier.

No comments:

Post a Comment